Wednesday, December 5, 2018

December 5th, 2018. Focus: Concept Art & World Building

Alright so the speedpaint finished uploading so here's that....



The ships capacity was the hardest part. Since I made the ship so big it really depended on A: how I wanted to use the space. B: how many people would be needed in the crew. And C: how many people would need the ships as long distance transportation. I already figured out how the space on the ship would be used in general space use. So I decided to part B first, I did this by categorizing what people would be on the ship.

-Magicians                                         -Spare Magicians
-Catalyst Engineers                           -Attendants
-Passengers

For part C I had to estimate the world's population and how many people would be going between territories. Honestly, I have no clue how to set the population. So I'm just going to guess that about 300-700 people travel between the territories by airship a day. This includes people working on the ships. That's a pretty small amount considering how many probably travel by plane in real life. In the world I'm building though there firstly isn't as many people in each territory. Due to both size of the territories, the worlds cultural norms on gender and sexuality, the amount of different humanoids, and how prevalent war was in the worlds history. My friend who I'm creating this worlds with is in charge of the history so I can't really say specifics. Secondly there aren't as many reasons for someone to go between territories, due to again the differences in culture, and strained inter territory relations. So yeah, not many people go between territories. I'm going to guess that every air ship has around 150 people at max.

 On the ship there would need to be...

-Magicians                                         -Spare Magicians
-Catalyst Engineers                           -Attendants
-Passengers

So now to figure out how many of the first four would be on the ship. Firstly Magicians, due to the fact the ship can't function with out them. I'm going to just say 35 Magicians and 20 spares, why? Why not is my answer. That leaves 95 spots, next Catalyst Engineers. Once again I'm choosing a number that feels right, 17, leaving 78. Onto attendants, a ship like this would probably need a ton of people doing general work so... 36, leaving 42 spots for passengers. (This probably looked like I randomly decided but I actually put a lot of thought into the balance of people. I have no clue how to explain that though, so just know that this wasn't random.)

-Magicians     35                                    -Spare Magicians     20
-Catalyst Engineers     17                       -Attendants     36
-Passengers     42

So that's all the info needed in the story for Airships. I'm out of time for today so tomorrow I'll probably start on flushing out the worlds magic system.

No comments:

Post a Comment