Wednesday, November 7, 2018

November 7th, 2018. Project: Make A Webtoon

So I just realized that I actually haven't said the name of the story or posted the URL to the blog.  So here is that... https://www.webtoons.com/en/challenge/magical-recovery-project/list?title_no=238113 . My story currently has 3 subs and 14 views, which is awesome considering it was just posted yesterday. Webtoon only features series that are already popular on their home page, so for my story to be found it would have to either be specifically searched or one of the keywords related to the story would have to be searched. The search bar on the site will pull up all stories related to what's typed in.


While working with the story I found this cool function of Clip Studio Paint. I can take a page file and make it into an actual story. With that I can add pages that are automatically the same size as all the others; I can go between linked pages, and when a story is saved or opened it does it with every linked file, you can access them separately though. With this I don't have to open and close and reopen the pages to edit them. I just click the page I want then click open page in a new tab. It will show both the entire story, and the page your working with at the same time.

So onto my work with Chapter 2 Page 2, I've done a rough sketch and now I'm working on the details. And I just accidentally discovered a new thing with the story functions, I can drag and drop pages into different orders. I made the character's arm a bit too big so I had to resize that, as well as the annoyance of drawing hands. I finished the line work for page 2, all that's left is the shading.

I noticed today my drawing tablet cord is getting a bit worn down so that might cause problems in the future...

No comments:

Post a Comment