Wednesday, October 17, 2018

October 17th, 2018. Program: Clip Studio Paint

Taking a small break from the song animation, today I watched a webinar by Brian Allen about the benefits of Clip Studio Paint. I wanted to use today's blog to go over what I learned from it and show some of my experiments with that knowledge.

#1 Custom Menu
The custom menu, also known as the quick access menu. It lets you add tools into a custom menu for quick and easy access. I've actually been using this for a while.



#2 Reference Layers
This is pretty self explanatory, they are layers that Clip Studio Paint will refer to when creating a selection. I still had no idea how to use this, this video taught me that to get it to work that I had to edit the tool settings so that it would only select referred layers and not editing layers. To make a layer a reference layer you just select the layer and click the light house button in the layer panel.




#3 Transparency Painting
I love drawing with transparency, it makes things a lot more simple for me. With it, instead of editing the size and softness of the eraser tool, I can continue to use the tool I'm already working with.



No comments:

Post a Comment