Thursday, December 13, 2018

December 13th, 2018. Focus: Concept Art & World Building

Okay, now to draw wraiths, I have an Idea for how I want these to look, but no clue how to get there. I'm going to be experimenting a lot. I think for this one I'm going to draw it in my sketch book first.

I started off by loosely sketching the shape. Then I drew in the details, I didn't like how the face looked so I changed it to a gaping face thing. I want the cloak to look like it's falling apart into the wind. As well, I want the crown to look rusted and dull.


Now, to draw it on my computer I'll be uploading it into Clip and tracing over it.

So I did the initial sketch, but since I'm trying to do a completely different style than usual. I figured instead of explaining step by step, I'd do another speedpaint. So I'll record my work as I go, wish me luck.

Alright so I recorded the whole thing, around an hour and 10 minutes of work. The final image looks really cool, almost exactly what I was going for. So now I'll be using the same program as last time to edit the clips together, speed them up, and add music.

Alrighty, I'm finished the editing, now I just have to wait for it to export. I had a bit of trouble with speeding the video up, for a bit it wasn't registering that the speed had changed. It kept on listing the times as the same as they were originally. I fiddled around with it for a bit and found that while the clip will list as the original speed, the sequence of clips will register as the sped up times. The rest was easy, the video was just a minute longer than all the audio files. So I just staggered them so that there would be 30 seconds at the beginning and end of the video.

I'm going to end this post here. The video should be finished exporting by tomorrow, once it is I can upload it to YouTube. While I wait for that to load I can go through the other creatures like I've been putting off for the past couple of posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment