Monday, October 1, 2018

October 1st, 2018. Program: Clip Studio Paint

For this month I'll be using the art and animation program Clip Studio Paint. I wand to use this program

I'm starting with a character design, since I have the line art finished already. I'll be coloring it and doing the shading and highlights. I do most of my art digitally, with a Wacom Intuos drawing tablet.

I usually start my coloring process by filling in the lines with a darker solid color. This time I'm using dark green. To make things easier, I've learned to draw the green along the edge of the line art's inside, then use the selection tool to fill inside that.




I had a bit of trouble deciding the color scheme for this character, but I chose to go with blue as a base tone. I had trouble getting the right shade for the separate parts of the boots, but I figured out that changing the base color to a more purple shade helped to differentiate the different colors.



I wasn't a big fan of the colors chosen. So I had to use the tonal correction menu to change up the colors a bit.



I'm not sure how to shade and add highlights to silver hair. So next blog I'll be watching this video, of someone else shading and highlighting silver hair. Then I'll do it myself, along with the rest of the shading and highlights. I may also add a texture to the shirt.




      This
           ⬊

No comments:

Post a Comment